1. Pay off credit cards – I’m in my 20’s and I have debt. Hopefully this time next year, I won’t have any at all!
2. Get a “real job” – I’m exhausted from making high-maintenance coffee drinks for consumerism-driven Americans. I still enjoy a good cup of coffee myself, though.
3. Tithe! – God provided for me in some CRAZY ways in 2011! It’s time I obediently serve Him with my money.
4. Save up money for a down payment on a house – This is reaching, but I thought I’d make it a goal…in case I win the Lottery…or marry a Billionaire…
5. Go on another overseas Mission Experience – I’d love to go back to Kenya or somewhere in South America
6. Be used by God.
7. Spend more time with God.
8. Make new friends.
9. Celebrate “Kelseypalooza”!
10. Continue to be content and at peace with wherever God has me.
11. Don’t get consumed with money or things – This will be tempting if #2 ever happens.
12. Pay back my parents…or, at least start paying Rent! (Thanks, Mom and Dad!)
13. Bless others.
2011 was the most difficult and challenging year of my life!
I left my comfortable job with my comfortable salary, spent a significant amount of time working in the slums of Kenya, with some incredibly amazing people, traveled around America for a while, figured out I am a terrible nanny, spent my entire paycheck working at Anthropologie, experienced God’s provisions through anonymous donations toward the “Pay Kelsey’s Rent Fund”, made a risky and HUGE move into my parents house in Arizona, went back to work rockin’ that green apron, and have been passed over for close to 100 different Ministry positions…
…and, God was in it all.
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
Here’s to 2012!
Happy New Year!