Can we all take a moment to acknowledge it will be 2015 in a few days?
2015. Let that sink in a bit.
This is the year, friends. This is the year I run hard and fast toward God. This is the year I spend more time focusing on myself than pleasing others. This is the year I get my act together. And, this is the year I turn 30.
That’s kind of a big deal, right?
I know some people have a well thought-out agenda, timeline, or game plan of where they’d like to be by the time they’re 30. According to my Facebook feed, I should either be getting engaged, buying a house (or some other big ticket item) or having a baby. Instead, I’m accumulating debt after I decided to quit my job, move 3,000 miles to Seattle, and start attending grad school at the ripe ole’ age of 28. Needless to say, I think I shot down any chance for a so-called “timeline” when I signed onto this new life. So, no game plan for this girl, but I figured it couldn’t hurt to set up a nice, realistic, list of the things I want to accomplish this year…
30 Things Before Turning 30 Years Old
- Eat at a fancy restaurant
- Run a race
- Finish my first year of grad school
- Read a book for fun (and actually finish it)
- Reconnect with long lost friends
Stop cussing…S top cussing so much…Stop cussing in church
- Step out of my comfort zone
- Go sky diving
- Kayak on the Sound
- Sleep in without feeling guilty
- Face a fear
- Spend a day without technology
- Go camping
- Start something amazing
- Declutter my life
- Go on a trip
- Climb something
- Date a good guy
- Learn to live healthily (emotionally, spiritually, physically)
- Go to a concert
- Throw a party
- Learn to be loving (1 Cor. 13:4-8)
- Ride on a motorcycle
- Learn how to fish
- Go to a Seattle sporting event
- Eat something new
- Write letters to those who need something good to come in the mail
- Get into Breaking Bad
- Play more music
- Don’t give a shit* about turning 30
Do you have a list? Share it in the comments!
*It’s okay, I’m not in church.